Legal Consideration Agreement
For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
- A signed Key Release, Veterinary Release, Scheduling/Cancellation Policy and Legal Consideration Forms must be provided to Pupsicles before service is provided for any period.
- Deposit in full is due at time of reservation. Reservations are not held until payment in full is received by Pupsicles Dog Care or special arrangements are agreed upon by both parties in writing.
- There will be a $20 service charge for each returned check.
- There will be a $10 late fee added at the end of each month an overdue invoice is not paid.
- Unpaid service may be canceled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
- Reservations are made to plan Care Provider availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled including travel time. Clients will not have to pay for scheduled Special Services not performed.
- Pupsicles Dog Care is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. Pupsicles Dog Care will work hard to follow your online routine notes as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your Care Provider is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
- Pupsicles Dog Care is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Care Provider. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the customer and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees (including Special Service emergency service time and coordination fees) will be paid by the client, or fully reimbursed to Pupsicles Dog Care within 2 days.
- Pupsicles Dog Care is not responsible for any damage to the property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the gross negligence of the Care Provider. Pupsicles Dog Care agrees to remain insured through PSA or a comparable pet sitting liability insurance entity during each service period. Pupsicles Dog Care accepts no responsibility for loss to the premises if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured.
- At the time that service is booked, Owner will notify Pupsicles Dog Care of everyone who has been granted access to the home during the service period. All other individuals that visit the home will leave a log of their visit.
- Pupsicles Dog Care is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. Pupsicles Dog Care will attempt to re-secure the home to client instructions at the end of each visit. While keys are in the possession of a Care Provider, they will be either on the Provider’s physical person, or be properly secured.
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Care Providers, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Care Provider cannot service a home with visiting pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Pupsicles Dog Care will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will also not be liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Pupsicles Dog Care is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the Care Provider. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items and will reimburse Pupsicles Dog Care within 2 days for all purchases made.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Care Provider, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Pupsicles Dog Care, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather-related event/crisis/Code Red. Pupsicles Dog Care will definitely try to see to your pet’s safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
- This contract permits Pupsicles Dog Care to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and provide service without additional signed legal considerations agreements.
- Pupsicles Dog Care may use their discretion to stop and end service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or health of itself, other pets, other people, or the Care Provider. If concerns prevent the Care Provider from continuing for a pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, or previously arranged locale if possible. All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability, are to be the responsibility of the Owner.
- Pupsicles Dog Care agrees to provide agreed upon services in a manner that is trustworthy, caring and dependable. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the client expressly relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its pet sitters, for pet care, including transportation and services, except those arising from gross negligence.
- Client agrees to discuss any concerns with Pupsicles Dog Care within 24 hours of return after service.
- This agreement is valid from the date signed and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future Pupsicles Dog Care term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website under the heading Terms .
- In the event Pupsicles Dog Care retains an attorney as the result of an unpaid invoice, pet owner shall be responsible for the payment of all reasonable fees and costs.
- This contract may be terminated by either party by giving thirty days written notice to the other party.
- You give us permission to use photos/images of your pet(s).
- The owner states that he/she as read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.
Scheduling and Cancellation Policy Agreement
Online: All information pertaining to your account with Pupsicles is online and must be up to date at all times. Access to your online account will be provided via email and covered in person during the initial Meet & Greet.
Text: Any SAME DAY service (additional $10), cancellation, or update to your account must be texted 720.979.9760.
Email: Scheduling@pupsiclesdogcare.com regarding any questions.
*If you prefer to Book By Phone an additional $10 fee will be added each time we update your account or schedule for you.*
Adventures: If you cancel your scheduled service before noon the previous day online you will not be charged. Cancellations made after noon on previous day: 50% and Same Day: 100% (must be texted).
Overnight Care/Pet Boarding: If you cancel your scheduled services at least 5 days before the start date online you will not be charged. Cancellations made less than 5 days: 50% and Same Day: 100% (must be texted).
Holidays: Require an additional day for Adventures and 5 additional days for Overnight Care/Pet Boarding when canceling services.
Veterinarian Release Agreement
In the event that any of my pets appear to be ill, injured, or at significant risk of experiencing a medical problem at the start of service or while in the care of Pupsicles Dog Care, I give permission to Pupsicles Dog Care to seek veterinary service from a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic. My preferred veterinary services are up to date and listed on the client portal online before the scheduled Meet & Greet. Other veterinarians or emergency care clinics chosen by the pet sitter are acceptable.
I ask Pupsicles Dog Care to inform the attending clinic or veterinarian of my requested total diagnosis and treatment limit of $500 per pet / all pets. I understand that efforts will be made to contact me regarding any treatments, illness, injury, or potential problems as soon as the condition is deemed not life-threatening and/or contact is possible. I understand that Pupsicles Care Providers work hard to prevent accidents and injuries and that such problems may occur no matter how well a pet is cared for. I agree to allow Pupsicles Care Providers to use their best judgment in handling these situations, and I understand that Pupsicles Dog Care and its staff assume no responsibility for the actions and decisions of the veterinary staff, the health, or death of my pet(s).
I will assume full responsibility for the payment and/or reimbursement for any and all veterinary services rendered, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, grooming, medical supplies, and boarding. Such payments will be made within 14 days of the initial incident. I also agree to be responsible for all Special Service fees assessed by Pupsicles Dog Care for emergency transportation, care, supervision, or hiring of emergency Care Providers, and will pay such fees within 14 days of each incident.
I further authorize Pupsicles Dog Care and my primary veterinarian(s) to share all of the medical records of all of my animals with veterinary clinics in an emergency in the interest of providing the best care for my ill or injured animal(s).
Every pet at the site of service will be current (per my veterinarian’s recommendations) on its rabies vaccinations prior to the arrival of any Care Provider. I will also make arrangements to guarantee that each animal will remain current on its rabies vaccinations throughout each service visit period.
I agree to notify Pupsicles Dog Care of any signs of injury or possible illness before any visit as soon as the condition appears. Pupsicles Dog Care reserves the right to cancel service at any location where a pet with a potentially infectious condition exists. Pupsicles Dog Care strives to provide clean, safe service to each of our clients. In doing so, Pupsicles Dog Care strongly recommends that each pet be vaccinated, dewormed, and protected from harmful insects according to veterinarian recommended standards.
This agreement is valid from the date below and grants permission for future veterinary care without the need for additional authorization each time Pupsicles Dog Care cares for one or more of my pets. I understand that this agreement applies to all of the pets within Pupsicles Dog Care care.
In signing this contract, I agree that I have the sole authority to make health, medical, and financial decisions regarding the animals that will be scheduled to receive service.
Key and Lockbox Handling Agreement
Two sets of keys and one lockbox are required. 1 set of key(s) will be kept in lockbox and the other set of key(s) will be locked in the Pupsicles office.
I furthermore agree to and understand the following conditions and terms:
- A $10 per key charge will be assessed if a backup method of entry is not provided.
- A lockbox will be provided and set up with a 4 digit code during Meet & Greet.
- Pupsicles Dog Care has my permission to make a copy of my key(s) for emergency/backup purposes at their discretion.
- Pupsicles Dog Care agrees to place an identifying code on my keys. My keys will not be marked with my name or address. When not in use my keys will be stored in the lockbox and Pupsicles office at all times.
- My keys will be automatically retained by Pupsicles Dog Care at the end of each service period.
- Pupsicles Dog Care has permission to provide my keys and lockbox code to any of its employees or independent contractors that will be providing me with dog/cat care service(s).
Key and Lockbox Returns
I understand that if I decide to terminate services and wish to have my keys back without a fee for Key Drop Off, I will inform Pupsicles in writing before the last service is completed. This note will include the message – Leave keys on the date and time of the last scheduled visit, and instructions on how to secure my home while leaving the key. I understand that the Care Provider will not be able to access my house again leaving the keys, including in the case of emergencies or delays in my return. Key return at the last visit of service is free and lockbox will be retrieved. At this time if lockbox is not present a $15 charge will be assessed.
Pupsicles Dog Care is willing to exchange keys via drop off or pick up. Each personal key transfer is charged to the client at a rate of $10.00.
This request must be confirmed ahead of time, and a signed copy must be left for the Care Provider. By submitting this request, I agree to all terms as stated on our website.